What is Telemedicine and how does it work?
Telemedicine is the use of technology that enables remote healthcare (telehealth). It makes it possible for physicians to treat patients whenever needed and wherever the patient is, by using a computer or smartphone. Telemedicine often refers to the practice of caring for patients remotely or over the phone when the provider and patient are not physically together with each other. Modern technology has wonderfully enabled practitioners to consult patients by using video-conferencing tools.
What are some of the possible advantages of Telemedicine?
- Telemedicine increases access to care.
- Telemedicine improves quality of care delivery.
- Telemedicine enhances traditional face-to-face medicine.
- Telemedicine improves patient engagement and satisfaction.
- Telemedicine improves provider satisfaction.
Many of our patients use our telemedicine service for:
- Follow-up visits If you recently received treatment for a minor ailment, you might have to simply follow up with the doctor. There isn’t always a reason to do this in person, so often, you can do it online!
- Consultations If you or a loved one is ill or injured, we can provide limited diagnoses online and refer you to a specialist if you need to see one.
Call us today to book a Telemedicine appointment!