DOT Physicals Exams in Atlanta, GA
Are you in need of a dot physical examination? My Health Reassurance is the place to go! We offer dot physicals on a walk-in basis. For more information call us now. Let us give you some reassurance about your health.
Driving a commercial vehicle requires a lot of responsibility, as you are depended upon to keep other people and the possessions of the company safe. For this reason, it is important to have a reliable and thorough Department of Transportation (DOT) physical examination. At My Health Reassurance, we are proud to offer high-quality DOT physical examinations at an affordable rate.
How much do DOT physicals cost?
Department of Transportation physicals can cost anywhere from $50 to $250, depending on where you choose to get a DOT exam. If your employer does not cover your DOT physical, My Health Reassurance is proud to offer various specials and promotions on our Specials page, including a limited time special promotion for a $50 Department of Transportation physical. To be eligible for this promotion, all that is required of you is that you sign up to receive our specials with your first name, last name, and email address in the specified box midway through the page.
Where can I get a DOT exam?
You can get a Department of Transportation exam at any health clinic that staffs a physician who is recognized by the National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners (NRCME). At My Health Reassurance, we are proud to be able to provide you with thorough DOT physicals at an affordable rate, completed by our trusted and dedicated medical professionals.
What can disqualify you from a DOT physical?
There are a number of different factors, medical and non-medical, that can prevent you from passing your Department of Transportation physical. Some conditions will automatically disqualify you, while others are left to the discretion of the medical examiner. The following are some examples of what can disqualify you from a DOT physical:
- Heart conditions: If you have chest pain from heart disease, insufficient blood flow through your coronary arteries, or are at risk for forming blood clots, you may be disqualified from passing your DOT physical. Some of these conditions are disqualifying only for a period of time until they have been resolved.
- Epilepsy: Epilepsy and other disorders that can lead to a loss of consciousness will automatically disqualify you from passing your DOT physical. However, for those drivers who can show that they have their seizures under control, it is possible to submit an application to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association (FMCSA) for a seizure exemption.
- Vertigo: Both Meniere’s disease and vertigo are considered disqualifying medical conditions, as well as certain medications that are used to treat vertigo.
- Diabetes: Diabetes is not an automatic disqualifying medical condition, but drivers with diabetes must provide records to show that they have a stable insulin regimen from their primary care doctor. Once the medical examiner reviews everything, they will decide if the driver is fit to operate a commercial vehicle or not. Other medical conditions that are left up to the discretion of the medical examiner are high blood pressure, respiratory conditions, and proteinuria.
- Drug use: Drug use is prohibited for drivers operating a commercial vehicle, whether recreationally or medically, including marijuana and CBD oil.
If you would like to learn more about our Department of Transportation physical examinations, we would be happy to give you the information you are looking for! You can reach us at (678) 293-4347 if you are a new patient, and at (404) 480-2783 if you are an existing patient.
No appointments are necessary, so if you would like to have a DOT physical done at My Health Reassurance, you can find us at 5526 Old National Hwy Bldg A, Suite C in Atlanta Georgia 30349 during the following hours: Monday Tuesday and Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.